In today’s world everyone is looking to save a buck, a dime and even a penny. Most of us are looking to find the cheapest product or service for our dollar that we can. Many times this can work to our advantage, but of course this depends on what the service or product is. When it comes to cheap web hosting, this is not always true.
Ask yourself this, would you go to the supermarket and buy a t-bone steak for $1.00 if you seen it sitting on a hot shelf instead of in the meat department, just because the steak was on sale and cheaper? I would think not. Cheap is not always better no matter how bad you want or need a service.
The old saying, you get what you pay for often holds true in many areas. Web hosting can be expensive, especially if you are not sure what type of web host you need. You’re first and foremost objective when looking for a web host is to know exactly what it is that you are looking for and what services that you need. It is only then that you are able to compare prices and find what is affordable to you. You need to think way beyond price here.
There are many cheap web hosting services out there, many as low as $10.00 a month, for unlimited services and amenities. Many brag about the endless customer service, trained staff, global sales and Cisco networks, doesn’t it make you wonder how they as a company can afford all of these services on such a little price that they are charging? We all know any type of training for staff; well that is, if it’s worth a hoot will cost a company out the ears, not to mention the building of the infrastructure and equipment. Really can you see all of these being offered for as little as $10.00 a month for unlimited everything? If they are offering this, they are probably lacking in technology infrastructure.
How to choose a web host provider
Choosing a web host provider can be quite tedious, especially if you lack the knowledge yourself of what you need to be looking for. Here is a quick hint, if any one offers an super cheap unlimited bandwidth or disk space, be careful because there is nothing that is unlimited in life, and if it is unlimited, it shuold have a higher price tag behind it.
Here is a check list to help you when searching for a web host provider:
- Check to see how long the web host provider has been in business. When you do this, follow up by checking out any web host forums that the company might have, it is here where you will be able to get a feel of how reliable they are as well as how their customer service department ranks with current and past customers. In these types of forums you will be able to read first hand of any type of issues that others may be encountering. Reputation is everything!
- Service packages: Check to see what services that the web host provides; domain names, domain registration, email, windows based servers, and dedicated web hosting packages. These services may not be needed right off the start, but may be needed as your web site and company grows. The more services the web host provider offers the better your chance of keeping a long going partnership.
- Always look to the future when looking for a reliable web host provider.
- Help desk: Before you have settled on a web hosting company, you need to make sure that customer service and the help desk is going to be able to accommodate your needs at all times.
- Compatibility: You need to make sure that your service provider of your choice will be compatible with all applications or hardware that you may be using or need to use. This will help smooth the way for reliable service without any glitches or flaws that may cause discomfort or disappointment.
A cheap web hosting company may prove to be advantageous. For reasonable web hosting needs Ballistic Domains can be your one stop shop to get your website on its feet!
- Related Content
- Related Services