There was a time, not too long ago, when a website was considered an indulgence. Then came a time when people began seeing a website like an online business card – a necessity to get their business name some[...]
What is a Dot Club Domain Name?
The .club domain extension was introduced in 2014 by ICANN, and it was one of the first generic top-level domain extensions to surpass 100,000 registrations. Since that time, over a million .club domains have been registered, and it has emerged as the 7th most registered new top-level domain (TLD).
Club domain names have become popular among businesses, fan groups, celebrities, social clubs, individuals, and night clubs. If you are looking to gain an online following with people sharing common interests and a better way to reach your target audience, .club might be the right domain name extension for you.
- Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain per year. Sale pricing for new domain registrations only, not for renewals or transfers.
- The final price may differ because of additional sales, fees, and promotions.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your account.
- Change of registration may require a fee for certain domains.
Does the .club domain have restrictions?
.club domain name extensions do not have any major restrictions like .gov, .edu, or .mil do. As a generic top-level domain (gTLD), it can be used by any individual, company, or business. As with many domains, there are a couple of small restrictions you have to follow. Some names of large organizations are off-limits, and all two-letter domain names are already reserved. Aside from that, as long as your desired domain name is available, you are free to attach it to the .club extension.
Ballistic Domains offers all of the top-level domain names and also makes it easy to search the domain registry to see if the domain you are looking for is available. Start your domain search now.
Benefits of a .club domain extension
In a social media-driven world, many clubs and organizations are also choosing to create a website to reach their target audience. Unlike many social media platforms that can not be fully customized, a website can be. Having your customized website is a simple way to build your community. Some other benefits of having a .club domain are:
- .club domain is easy to recognize worldwide
- .club is short and easy to remember
- .club is ideal for using yourname .club so you can be found easily
- .club insights concepts of community, people and social groups
If creating a community following, having an easy to remember domain name, and being recognized around the world is what you are after, a .club domain name may be the right fit for you.
Tips for registering a domain name
Start with a list. . Make a list of possible names that can be a good representation of your business. Choose names for easy access. Having a list of alternative domain names helps in the case your first pick has already been taken by someone else.
Choose what level of domain and the domain extension you want: While .com is the most preferred domain extension, good domain names with the .com extension are scarce. As such, you may want to consider domain extensions like .org, .net, and your country-specific domain extensions.
- Contact information – Make sure you have a valid email address. You can opt for private domain registration where your identity is kept private. However, you need an email ID for correspondence with your domain registrar.
- Decide on the duration – A domain name can be registered for just one year or up to ten years. You need to decide the length you want to register your domain name for. Registering for multiple years usually saves money overall and reduces the chance of missing a renewal date the following year. You want to make sure you secure the use of your domain for as many years as you think necessary. Some feel that a new business should only register a domain name for two years and then start renewing for longer periods if the business is still going strong.
- Payment Methods – Have your credit card ready. Many companies allow you to use a check or money order, but the fastest payment method is paying with a credit or debit card. Make sure this is a secure transaction! Paying with the fastest method safeguards you against the chance that your domain name might get registered by someone else while your payment is in transit.
- Lock your domain name – Locking secures your domain name and prevents anyone from transferring your domain to another registrar. Make sure you read carefully all links that are provided upon registration. Most domain registrars lock your domain, but some won’t if you don’t specify that you want to do so.
Why Choose Ballistic Domains?
We are here to help you choose the right domain extension to build your brand and community. When someone finds you in a search engine, and they click to come to your site, you want to ensure you have a name they will remember. No matter your business or website goals, we are here to help you from start to finish. Our domain name lookup system and the domain registration processes are simple to use. From domain privacy, a top-notch website builder, web hosting, domain name packages, and more. We are here to help you with the creation and maintenance of your site from start to finish.
More About Ballistic Domains
At Ballistic Domains, we pride ourselves in our out of this world top-level domains! No matter if you are starting your site, transfer your domain, or if you are looking to change your domain extension to a .club, we are here to help. No matter if you are looking into a domain name dispute, looking for an SSL certificate, a simple domain registry, or more, we have the tools to get you going. Let us get your .club domain registered and launched today!
24/7 Mission Control Support
If you are unsure of how to set up your .club domain, we can help. At Ballistic Domains, we provide 24/7 access to mission control and security experts to help with all of your account needs!
As a domain owner having the backing of an out of this world hosting and a company that provides an easy way to renew your domain is vital. Unlike many other earthly registrars and other domain name options, we offer a money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with your account, the data you have received, or our services.